OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (“RULES”)
Open to Legal Residents of Canada (Excluding Quebec)
1) SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. (“the Sponsor”).
2) CONTEST PERIOD: This Contest begins on Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 12:00:01 AM (ET) and closes Friday, August 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM (ET) (the “Contest Period”).
3) HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, during the Contest Period, scan your PC Optimum™ card using the PC Optimum™ App at the time of purchase of your item(s) at any participating Shoppers Drug Mart store location. PC Optimum plastic key tags or plastic card scans are not eligible for entry. Entries will be received for purchases notwithstanding that certain purchases may not otherwise qualify for PC Optimum points.
Your email address will be used to identify you as a PC Optimum member. In order to be eligible to receive the PC Optimum points if confirmed as a winner, you must be the authorized account holder of the PC Optimum number.
To enter without purchase, go to shoppersdrugmart.ca/scanyourappnpn and complete the form, including your PC Optimum account number and select, from one of the provided reasons, “The main reason I don’t use the PC Optimum App is…”. To be eligible to win a prize (as more specifically described in Rule 7), entries must be received during the Contest Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a prize.
LIMIT OF 1 ENTRY PER PC OPTIMUM ACCOUNT NUMBER PER DAY. IN THE CASE OF MULTIPLE ENTRIES, ONLY THE FIRST ELIGIBLE ENTRY WILL BE CONSIDERED.
4) ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority within the province or territory of which they reside at the time of entry and who are PC Optimum members. PC Optimum membership is free. To register, see in-store or visit pcoptimum.ca.
Employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives of the Sponsor, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family and/or household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son, and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest and any failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification of the entry at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
5) POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION: A random draw will be made by the Sponsor on Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at approximately 4:00 pm (ET) from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Before being declared a winner, the selected potential winner of a prize will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid and agree to the terms and conditions of our standard Declaration and Release form, including, but not limited to confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded, all of which will be sent to potential winners by email and administered electronically. A selected potential winner will be notified by email no later than Thursday, October 7, 2021.
6) ODDS OF WINNING: The chances of being selected as a potential winner of a prize depends upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
7) PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARVs): There will be thirty (30) prizes available to be won during the Contest Period, each consisting of one million (1,000,000) PC Optimum points with an approximate retail value of one thousand ($1,000) Canadian dollars (each a “Prize” or “prize”). The prize may be redeemed subject to any terms, conditions and/or restrictions. See pcoptimum.ca for details.
DECLARATION & RELEASE: A potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid and agree to and return a Declaration and Release form within three business (3) days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of prize notification and of attempted delivery which will be sent by email, or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant.
If an eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to properly execute and return the Declaration and Release form within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the prize, as awarded, for any reason; (d) is determined to be in violation of these Contest Rules; and/or (e) if email or other communication between the entrant and Sponsor is not responded to or is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited by that entrant and the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from the remaining eligible entries to award that prize. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
9) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, the entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. By accepting a Prize, each winner agrees to hold the Sponsor, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, parent and related companies, licensors, licensees, and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of any Prize or participation in the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, on account of the foregoing or otherwise, notifications, typographical, responses, replies or any computer, online, software, telephone, cellular phone, hardware or technical problems, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failure, traffic congestion or malfunction that may occur, or on account of any combination including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website or mobile application users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Contest or by any technical, human or other error or omission. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer or cellular phone related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials or applications in this Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, lack of participation, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or the Contest Website.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an entrant if the entrant a) violates these Rules and/or the general rules/guidelines of any online property or service of the Sponsor; b) enters the contest by any means contrary to these rules or which would be unfair to other entrants or where contest entries are generated by any mechanical or automated means; c) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified, or altered are void. In the event a dispute arises as to who submitted the entry, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the entry to have been submitted by the authorized PC Optimum account holder.
Any attempt to deliberately damage the contest website, contest application or any related website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Currency is in Canadian dollars unless otherwise stipulated. Each prize must be accepted “as is” and may not be exchanged for an amount of money, bartered, sold, raffled, substituted, or transferred, and is non-refundable. In the event the stated prizes are unavailable due to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, a prize of equivalent nature and value will be available to be won, or the Sponsor, in its sole option, may award the winner the equivalent monetary value in lieu of prize. The prizes will be delivered only to the confirmed winners.
Refusal to accept a prize releases the Sponsor, as well as its respective directors, officers, and employees, of all responsibility and obligations toward the winner of such prize. If due to printing, mechanical/technical or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be distributed or awarded according to these Contest Rules, then, in addition to having the right to terminate the Contest immediately, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to rescind invalid prize claims and to conduct a random draw from among all eligible claimants to award the correct number of prizes. In no event shall Sponsor be held to award more prizes than what is mentioned in these Rules or to award prizes other than in compliance with these rules.
10) LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between English language version and the French language version of these Contest Rules, and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the English version of the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11) CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winners’ names, cities and provinces/territories of residence and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law.
All information requested by and supplied by each entrant must be truthful, accurate, and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the contest in their discretion, should the entrant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate, or misleading details and/or information or should the entrant be ineligible for the contest pursuant to these rules.
12) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13) INDEMNIFICATION: Entrant releases and holds Sponsor harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Rules, and/or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest.
14) TERMINATION: If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the contest, or if technical difficulties or any other factor including accident, printing, administrative, or any error of any kind compromises the integrity, administration, or conduct of this contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time, without prior notice or obligation. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
16) LAW: The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Official Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
17) OFFICIAL RULES: These rules are available on the contest website at: shoppersdrugmart.ca/scanyourapp under “Official Contest Rules”.
®/™ Trademarks of Loblaws Inc. Used under license.